Monday, September 5, 2011

Royal National Park

I went on a hike last weekend at the Royal National Park. It's the second largest national park in the world after Yellowstone and a serious must see if you come to Sydney. We did a 9K hike (almost 6 miles) and it was AMAZING - completely up my alley. We had to climb rocks, wade through streams, and climb a tree to complete the hike. It took us nearly five hours including our lunch and snack breaks.

The most memorable moments of our hike were seeing a huge lobster at the bottom of the natural water pool we stopped at, and a big waterfall that we had to climb a tree to get over. Both were pretty terrifying, but we are definitely coming back to the pool to swim when it gets warmer.

I'll bring Mom and Dad here when they visit if they're up to the challenge!

Lobster!
climbing the tree over the waterfall


Waterfall

My friends and I also did the the Bondi to Coogee walk again (some people didn't get to go the first time), but this time we decided to spice things up and go from Coogee to Bondi.. daredevils. It was refreshing to know that the walk was still just as breathtaking as the first time.

We found some pretty cool spots that we hadn't before, so since I've posted scenic views from the first walk, I'll only post the new views we found.





In other news, classes are getting harder and a little intimidating, but I'm keeping my head up and working hard to get it done quickly so I have time to play! Hopefully the work will die down in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment